Higher Ed Watch Releases Wish List for Obama
Higher Ed Watch has a great blog post today clearly outlining their hopes for college funding and student loan reform in an Obama administration.
Here’s the short version of their list:
1. Better oversite at the Dept. of Education and better (or heck, any) enforcement when lenders break laws protecting students.
2. Reassess the need for two competing federal student loan programs and clean up the way they are run.
3. Reform the bankruptcy law to provide protection for private student loan borrowers.
4. Crack down on unscrupulous, for-profit trade schools.
5. Simplify and stream-line the federal aid system.